Uses of Lasers in Dentistry
Non-Surgical alternative to flap surgery
- In Pyorrhoea : Non Inavasive procedure with better results and cost effectiveness compared to Flap Surgery.
- Better option for medically compromised patients suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes, Cardiac problems, Organ Transplant and for those suffering from Epilepsy where surgery is not feasible.
- Excisional new attachment procedures (irradiation of periodontal pockets using lasers.)
Laser assisted flap surgery
- Bleeding arested and a clear sterile operative field provided for surgical parts younger group of patients suffering from Pyorrhea where Flap Surgery is indicated.
- Gingivectomy and Gingivoplasty : Effective excision of Gingival Hyperplasia induced by Anti-hypertensive and Anti-Epileptic drugs.
- Root Canal Treatment : By insertion of LASER tip , complete burn/removal of left tissue within the canals , thus reducing chances of failure.
- Frenectomy : Relieve in high Frenum attachment caused by midline spacing in Upper and Lower anteriors painlessly by LASER excision.
- Tongue Tie : Speech improvement by LASER assisted lingual Frenectomy in Speech difficult people with Tongue Tie , with marked improvement or complete eleimination of difficulty.
- Aesthetic : Increase in crown length by aesthetic Recontouring of the gums leading to confident, natural smile.
- Vestibuloplasty : Better healing and painless denture fabrication in old denture wearers using LASER.
- Implant Exposure : This is a very important use for LASERS. In cases like this we want to remove the implant with minimal damage to the adjacent soft and hard tissues. This is far better than using the traditional approach of trephining the implant body.
- Pericoronal Flap Removal : Quicker relief to pain and recurrent infection especially in Third Molar (caused by overlying tissue flap) by Flap Excision by LASER.
- Aphthous ulcer : Immediate relief to most painful Oral Ulcer by LASER Ablation.
Laser assisted surgical procedures.
- Oral submucous fibrosis (OSMF) : Incision of Fibrotic bands using LASER resulting in effective mouth opening with absence of scarring and bleeding.
- White Patches : Treatment of Leukaplakia (Lichen Planus)
- Biopsy : LASER Assistance for Cystic lesion , Benign Tumor excision and soft tissue currettage.
- Laser Whitening : Effective removal of stains and whitening with better results and patient acceptance. A boon to Dentistry Laser Dentistry – and our special emphasis on Laser Assisted Treatments is putting us on the forefront of Dentistry World.