Extractions and minor oral surgeries
- When pain arises from a tooth, the tooth may have become infected and require root canal treatment.
- When we carry out root canal treatment, we first anaesthetize the tooth fully to ensure that the treatment is carried out comfortably.
- We then isolate the tooth to ensure that the field is kept as sterile as possible and new bacteria contamination of the tooth by saliva is avoided.
- At Smile Architect dental clinic we use modern flexible titanium rotary files to ensure that the canals are shaped efficiently. We only use our files once, in order to minimize fracture and reduce risk of cross infection.
- We use high tech apex locators to establish the length of canals and to reduce the radiographic dose. We thoroughly clean the canals with powerful disinfectants to destroy the bacteria colonies within the tooth.
- We then fill the canals with gutta percha root canal filling material to prevent re-infection of the tooth.
- You may experience some post-operative pain which usually settles down with pain killers.
Our dentists are highly experienced and have carried out hundreds of root canal treatments. Our practice is open 6 days a week with quick appointments available.